Employment and Volunteering
If you are looking to make a career out of helping families then we may have the place for you!
Our team is passionate about carrying out our mission: to strengthen families by creating learning opportunities that build confidence, competence and connection through life's transitions.
- A fun, supportive, & strengths-based team environment
- Innovative team building and development opportunities that build skills & self-awareness
- A small and friendly atmosphere, which provides opportunities to make a real difference
- A commitment to being a learning environment for all our staff
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
- A 35-hour workweek and generous time off policies
If you don't see an opportunity available at the moment, but you believe that you can make a contribution to Families Matter, please send us your resume and we'll consider it carefully for future possibilities. We keep resumes on file for six months. General applications can be sent to email@example.com
Family Resource Centre
Volunteer with Us
Whether working hands on with parents and children, at home providing telephone support or utilizing your specialized skills for specific projects or events, we have a range of volunteer opportunities.
We offer education and support programs for Calgary families a year. Our programs focus on parenting resources and courses, in-home family programming, early childhood development and postpartum support. We also offer specialized services for dads, teens, single parents, and immigrant.
We strengthen families through life's transitions. Our volunteers are essential to our achievement of this mission.
As a Families Matter Volunteer you:
- Join Families Matter staff in making a difference in the lives of a family.
- Extend our ability to effectively serve families.
- Develop new skills, hone existing skills and gain professional experience.
- Receive regular training, supervision and recognition.
To volunteer with us, you will:
- Be a vital part of our Families Matter team.
- Be invited and involved in the activities of Families Matter.
All applications must complete an application and screening process and attend a volunteer orientation and receive training for your position.
To volunteer with us please contact:
Families Matter at (403) 205-5178 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.